It’s a confusing time. A time when self-care and mental well-being are more important to us than jobs and deadlines. When it comes to self-care, can skin care be far behind? The rules have changed – it’s all about taking care of yourself, through your skin, the right way. So here we give you a blue print on how to stay "SkinHappy" this month.
Know one thing, since you have time at your hand, it’s important that you exfoliate with some homemade face packs. Use ingredients like lime juice, sugar granules, and milk powder to create your own exfoliator. Lime juice contains Alpha-hydroxy acids that soften the dead skin cells, milk powder has lactic acid that will moisturise the skin, and sugar granules will help in exfoliation. This mixture is apt for dry skin.
For oily skin, add a bit of Fuller’s Earth to the mask to take care of the oiliness.
- Hydrating the body after exfoliation is important. Look at ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil or aloe vera in your body creams to ensure your skin gets maximum nourishment.
- Use sunscreen despite being indoors.
Let your skin breathe with lighter foundation formulas like BB creams, mousse foundations, or lightweight concealers if you have a zoom call.
Add face mists to your routine. They are refreshing to use through the day and your skin needs moisture.
- Take supplements of vitamin A, C, oil capsules, and antioxidants.
- Hydration is everything, so add coconut water into your diet. You can also infuse your water with fruits and add fresh seasonal fruits to your diet.
- Exercising at home regularly will also improve the skin.
- At night, for mature skin, use a good repair cream that contains a tiny mixture of azelaic acid (10%) mixed with retinoic acid (0.025%). Apply this mixture only twice a week – it’s a good time to introduce retinol into your routine if you are looking to get into a proper anti-ageing routine. It can also be applied in areas that require exfoliation such as knees, elbows, underarms, and ankles for all-day moisture.
Image Credit : <a href='https://www.freepik.com/free-photos-vectors/sport'>Sport vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com</a>